In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1grasa para el cuero feminine
- In fact we had such a good weekend we've already booked our next stay, and I'm rubbing dubbin into my walking boots as I write.
- The animal fat was used both for cooking and to make tallow for lamps and dubbin.
- His comeback black leather jumpsuit has had the requisite dubbin applied.
- The skin could have an oily substance like tallow (animal fat), egg yolk or dubbin, which is a mixture of fish oil and tallow.
- Treat your boots with leather oil or dubbin if you want to keep them supple.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.