In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Despite Cal's returned stare he remained defiant in his obvious scrutiny of Cal from behind the glossy sheen of spectacles framed in yet more ductile gold.
- However, the structural steel is more ductile and has a greater total elongation.
- Extremely ductile, a gram of silver may be drawn out into a wire 180 meters long.
- Nickel is a silvery white metal and is both ductile and malleable.
- These steels remain ductile at the lowest resting temperatures.
- Zinc is a bluish white metal that is neither ductile nor malleable.
- Niobium is a ductile and soft metal at elevated temperatures.
- The straight sections of the side members are made of high-strength steel, a very ductile grade of material, selected specifically for high energy absorption.
- Iron is a silvery white or grayish metal that is ductile and malleable.
- Lanthanum is a white metal that is both ductile and malleable.
- Zirconium and zirconium-tin alloys are ductile metals and can be prepared by conventional processes.
- The current trend is to the more rational approach of basing the static design of ductile metals on the yield strength.
- It is the most ductile and malleable of all metals.
- Palladium is a relatively soft, silver-white metal that is both malleable and ductile.
- Hafnium is a bright, silvery gray metal that is very ductile.
- Lutetium is a silvery white metal that is quite soft and ductile.
- The process is readily adaptable to joining ductile metals.
- Iridium is neither very ductile nor malleable at room temperature, although it becomes more ductile at higher temperatures.
- The nonmetals are neither malleable nor ductile; if drawn out or hammered, they shatter.
- Copper is a fairly soft, reddish brown metal that is quite ductile.
2formal(easily influenced)dúctil formaldócil
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.