In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Visitors come and pay for access to a particular slice of rural life, be it a park, a dude ranch, or a historic mining camp.
- The dude ranch, 35 miles northwest of Santa Barbara, offers a full children's program, including horseback riding, a petting zoo and lakeside activities.
- After operating the dude ranch for forty-nine years, the Gleasons sold their two-thousand-acre property to the Nature Conservancy in 1979.
- However you are seeking to spend a vacation, Montana dude ranches can provide it.
- Others congregated in dude ranches or rustic lodges, on houseboats, in tents - even in covered wagons.
- There are, of course, more modern reasons to spend time at a dude ranch.
- Their food is unbelievable… it's like eating in a really ritzy restaurant, but you're at a dude ranch.
- There's a dude ranch available for every kind of guest, and accommodations are as primitive, or posh, as the vacationer is looking for.
- Last year she used that information to reward the hardworking Mayrose with a weekend getaway at a dude ranch that included several rounds of golf.
- Later the 30-acre property became a dude ranch for movie stars and the sixteen rooms housed such luminaries as John Wayne, Rock Hudson, and Katherine Hepburn.
- During her vacations, she cruised along the St. Lawrence Seaway and visited a dude ranch in Wyoming.
- Sometimes people show up expecting a fancy dude ranch, and on the first day they wear their clean white britches and tall boots with spurs.
- At a Texas dude ranch, you can enjoy horseback riding, beautiful scenery, home-cooked meals, steaks grilled over an open fire, and live entertainment.
- The Mackay Bar, a fly-in dude ranch, was just three miles down the river.
- I'd love to spend a week on a dude ranch in America, camping under the stars.
- Owning a dude ranch means never having to say, ‘There's no room to do that.’
- O'Brien died in 1926 and his wife converted the ranch into a dude ranch.
- As far as dude ranches go, this is the best - a huge log lodge situated in the mountains with cabins scattered around a lake.
- At a dude ranch, couples can enjoy a romantic getaway, singles can meet new people, and families can bond with nature, and each other.
- ‘It's not a dude ranch,’ explains Karen Searle as she serves up blueberry cobbler.
rancho de vacaciones
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.