In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1malochafa Mexico informal
- There's not a duff tune on it, but one track in particular justifies the purchase of the entire album.
- In other words, comprehensive though this report is, some of it is based on data that the Commission considers a bit duff.
- There are inspirational, committed teachers who stay long after the day is done to run duff football teams.
- With compilation albums you always get at least one or two duff tracks, because someone else's idea of what makes a good compilation will never fit in with your own idea.
- He has produced a duff documentary.
- I was thoroughly captivated by the piano concerto, even though I am sure I heard a couple of duff notes.
- Those duff moments are easily offset by the rest of the set.
- The man's never made a duff movie.
- There isn't a duff track, and while those lyrics are often too clever for their own good, the accompanying tunes usually make up for that.
- You see a note on one of the five lines, forget the key signature at the beginning of the line, play it standard rather than as a sharp and end up with one of those horrible duff notes that means you have to stop playing and start from scratch.
- He never hit a duff note, running through Road To Mandalay, Eternity, She's The One and Millennium.
- The extras seem well selected, and there's not a duff model in the entire line up.
- Although deep down we all know that rugby, like football, is just a game, it's still a form of entertainment and if your favourite rock group starts playing duff songs you stop going.
- Do you accept that the intelligence you were actually given was duff intelligence and it's made you look rather a fool in the eyes of the world?
- I'm too inexperienced an actor to be landed with a duff script.
- I thought I'd bought a duff batch but it seems not to be the case as the CD burner reads them fine.
- They're cheerfully confused by the wealth of programmes on offer and spend their days seeing all the duff stuff instead of what's good.
- There has always been the consolation prize of a fabulous single talent trapped inside a duff squad.
- I love all kinds of films, except the plotless kind with unconvincing acting, shoddy editing and duff music played on synths.
- But the album itself was phenomenal, and the thing is, there's not a duff song on it… it's all amazing.
- Gradually she realised that, in the scale of things, picking a duff outfit wasn't so terrible.
- The recording quality's a bit duff, though it's tempting to think that the distortions and drop outs are a result of the machinery's inability to capture this music rather than poor engineering.
- I have dined in many award-winning restaurants and had duff food.
- This past season has seen many duff decisions but also some solid displays.
1trasero masculine informalculo masculine informal vulgar slangget off your duff and do some work — vamos, muévete y trabaja un poco
- Unless you, dear reader, get off your duff immediately, and take action, your life will be changed forever; and for the worse.
- Also, some people are better set up to pursue longer term goals and others need more immediate rewards to get off their duffs and do anything.
- Yes, you may have to get off your duff to start your vehicle.
- Get them off their duff because something that they finally care about, their own bodies, their own choices, their own freedom is being affected.
- For years the conventional wisdom was that media reform - like campaign finance reform - was too abstract an issue to get people off their duffs and into action.
- Another two employees were sitting on their duffs on chairs, also doing nothing, though they were apparently stationed where they were stationed for a reason.
- Spending too much time on your duff tends to weaken the muscles of the lower back and bend the spine out of its natural alignment.
- A lifetime of sitting on my duff in front of a computer while wolfing down fast food and snacks fried in lesser snacks has made me too weak and lazy to get up and start any sort of effective protest or take any productive action.
- She could fall on her duff and reel about like a drunken party host, but will still finish high in the competition because she is the current national champion.
- Get off your duff and do jumping jacks during a commercial break.
- We have to get off our duffs, get our noses out of the TV, and get our children to speak up.
- These results - like those in some smaller studies - are one more reason to get off your duff.
- Note however, that your tailbone is, after all, located in your duff and a hard fall at too sharp an angle will either bruise or fracture the tailbone.
- In other words, instead of focusing on the obvious and most media-friendly candidates, let's get off our duffs and not become the branding arm for celebrities, whether journalists or not.
- If you owned hundreds of millions of shares in a company, would you be sitting on your duff waiting for him to rush to the rescue and protect your assets?
- This is just a superficial treatment for now, but we will explain it with examples when our economics guy gets off his duff and finishes the article for us.
- Once Christie was elected, all he did was sit on his duff.
- Now get off your duff and quit forwarding stuff already!
- What a very worthwhile reason to get out of my house, off of my duff, and start making a difference!
- Perhaps Tracy's achievements will give me the nudge that I need to get off my duff and get this thing done?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.