In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
nounPlural duodenums, Plural duodena
- Multiple biopsies were taken from the duodenum, the gastric antrum, and the distal esophagus.
- All this then enters the digestive tract and begins its passage from esophagus to stomach to duodenum to small intestine to colon.
- The distal duodenum and duodenal jejunal junction is especially susceptible to damage because it is fixed in position.
- It is a tube approximately 20 feet long consisting of three regions; the duodenum, jejunum, and ileum.
- You may have to have part of your stomach, gall bladder and duodenum (the first bit of your small intestine) removed too.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.