In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1a duplicate copy — un duplicado
- a duplicate key — un duplicado / una copia de una llave
- duplicate invoice — (double invoice) factura por duplicado
- Then I staggered home and gave up my duplicate keys.
- Maintenance of the service numbers and the civilian numbers is not consistent with this aim and is a problem where duplicate numbers have been issued.
- Still, we wondered, why couldn't the server recognize duplicate keys, and just refuse the installation?
- They then applied for a driver's permit with his name but their photo. taking everything that they had gotten they walked into a dealer and ordered a duplicate key for the car.
- It addressed the issue of duplicate entries and excess paperwork, instead allowing for immediate on site recording of all maintenance work.
- And beyond duplicate copies, we just don't have that much space here anyway!
- For example, I never realised you should keep duplicate copies of receipts.
- The government will issue a new or duplicate number to the name on the certificate.
- Nora makes duplicate keys for whoever asks and encourages them to walk right in whenever they please.
- They were strongly suspicious the motorbike had been stolen by the rental operator who obviously knew their temporary address and had a duplicate key.
- At the very least, you should make an extra copy of your most vital data on duplicate media and store it off-site.
- We deleted duplicate hospital records by retaining only one copy of events characterised as the same admission for the same patient on the same day.
- Based upon analysis of duplicate samples, reproducibility was better than 3% of the measured concentration of each element.
- In many cases, only the locksmith who installed the original system can make duplicate keys.
- Deepening the mystery are police claims the raid was carried out by someone who had a duplicate key.
- Last year the locks on all 164 rooms at the hotel had to be changed after an armed gang escaped with a bag of duplicate card keys.
- They were duplicate copies that the commission had.
- The fee for a duplicate renewal license shall be $5.
- She suggested that in the morning I try to find a license bureau and obtain a duplicate license.
- Drivers seeking a duplicate licence have to go to their local Garda station with photographic identification and their social security number and have a D800 form signed by a member.
1duplicado masculinecopia femininein duplicate — por duplicado
1(copy)(document/letter) hacer copias de
en forma innecesaria
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.