In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of product, fabric)durabilidad feminine
- This is because the same type of stone varies in durability depending on its place of origin.
- As for wear and tear, the durability will depend on the level of traffic in the room concerned.
- On one level, this scarcely believable feat suggests continuity and durability.
- The durability of wicker varies depending on the materials used to make the wicker.
- It's not cheap, but the material is known for its quality and durability.
2(of fame, reputation, popularity)permanencia feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.