In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cubo de la basura masculinetacho de la basura masculine Southern Conebote de la basura masculine Mexicocaneca de la basura feminine Colombiatobo de la basura masculine Venezuela
- She was not at all disgusted at the sight and merely chucked it into a dustbin just outside the car.
- In the town things are not too bad, but the pavements are terrible from the top of East Avenue to Utley; one comes across vehicles parked on the pavements and dustbins left outside premises, even when they are empty.
- On average, households with a green box and a garden waste wheeled bin are able to reduce the amount of rubbish in their dustbin or refuse sack by one-third.
- A huge recycling plan which will see 200,000 special dustbins used by Sheffield households has successfully got underway according to waste management contractors.
- Not a single dollar was spent on dustbins outside the fenced area.
- When you've unpacked your presents, don't leave the empty boxes for valuable goods outside your dustbins where they can be seen.
- Between 11.30 pm and 1.30 am they tackled a string of blazes started in wheelie bins, dustbins and litter bins.
- She finds her bottles from the dustbins of hotels in town.
- Indeed, there is more history made in the dustbin than outside it.
- I put a labelled dustbin outside the gate for the mail, to prevent the postman having to drive along the farm road.
- By dispensing with such waste at home rather than putting it in dustbins, householders can reduce the amount dumped in landfill.
- You have eco-friendly dustbins, containers, flower baskets and hanging flower-vases, which cost lesser than those made of plastics.
- They later turned into Petergate and entered a chip shop where the younger man removed the purse's contents before dropping the purse into a dustbin outside.
- Separate dustbins and containers are given specifically for paper.
- The dustbins containing my bird seed and nuts were blown over, a section of fencing was ripped out during the night.
- Either way the lizard was eventually caught by some workers from the club in a huge dustbin and taken outside again and released back into its own habitat.
- Rubbish inspectors have been giving up tricks of their trade by giving householders lessons in how to pack their dustbins in a bid to encourage more recycling.
- My task as cat tender is to go to the lucky dip and see what I can pull out from time to time. I place my prizes in a dustbin outside.
- A grieving wife today paid tribute to her husband who was found dead after photographing a gang of youths he allegedly saw kicking over dustbins outside their Cheshire home.
- Two male students, who were turned away mumbled as they left and dumped a stack of blank ballots into a dustbin outside the police post.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.