In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Finally, the engine is connected to a dynamometer, which simulates actual driving conditions by varying the resistance against the spinning engine.
- First, under the testing conditions described, it is not possible for the dynamometer to measure the locomotive's maximum drawbar pull.
- Average flexion strength was 96% of the normal side, as measured with a dynamometer.
- The basal part of the stem was submitted to a transient controlled bending at constant displacement rate using a motorized dynamometer.
- According to the company, the engine has done more than 3.7 million miles on a dynamometer and 1.8 million miles in actual vehicle testing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.