In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Finally, our study design did not allow us to examine in detail the hypothesis that lung inflammation due to ARDS may contribute to nonpulmonary organ dysfunctions.
- Optimum supplementation with vitamin C and other essential nutrients may provide a basic therapeutic means for the prevention and successful management of cardiovascular dysfunctions.
- Implanted electronic devices provide a vast array of treatments for patients with cardiac dysfunctions.
- Bladder dysfunctions should be treated before a second procedure is performed.
- Survival varies widely depending upon age, chronic disease burden, and nonpulmonary organ dysfunctions such as shock and hepatic failure.
- Third, sepsis and organ dysfunctions are synergistic in worsening outcomes.
- Immunological dysfunctions, inflammation of the respiratory tract, and disorders such as porphyria have all been suggested as possible causal factors.
- We included all consecutive patients with blood culture-positive sepsis and measured organ dysfunctions and mortality.
- Neurobehavioral and pulmonary dysfunctions were measured 7 weeks after the chlorine spill.
- In this system, organ system dysfunctions are used to evaluate morbidity in critically ill patients.
- Massage can therefore be very effectively used in conjunction with bodywork to treat not only musculo-skeletal problems, but dysfunctions of organs, glands and whole systems.
- Major consequences of foetal alcohol syndrome are facial deformities, central nervous system dysfunctions and non specific malfunctions.
- So is there potential for casting further light on this by studying people who have neurological dysfunctions associated with memory disability such as Alzheimer's?
- We found that both pancreatic damage and end-organ dysfunctions correlated with the magnitude of the inflammatory response.
- The course content included identification, screening and early intervention and medical implications like epilepsy, hyperactivity and brain dysfunctions.
- These dysfunctions lead to the clinical syndrome of heart failure.
- One important function of health-care services, here personal medical services, is to restore handicapping dysfunctions, for example, of vision, mobility, and so on.
- Although computed tomography can identify most brain lesions, it does not identify metabolic and extrinsic brain dysfunctions.
- Severe sepsis is defined as sepsis associated with evidence of one or more acute organ dysfunctions.
- Therefore, other factors play a role in the development of lung dysfunctions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.