In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1each-way bet — apuesta a placé
- Blue Square clearly believe that Woods's powers are on the wane, because they will refund all losing win and each-way bets if he wins.
- Some bookmakers offer each way betting for the first five places in the big races.
- Those who had backed the horse each-way were rubbing their hands.
- An each-way bet on Roddick could be more profitable than backing the defending champ to win.
- I knew Silver Patriarch would stay every yard of 12 furlongs and more and at 6-1 second favourite he was the best each-way bet of all time.
- High Chapparal is a very good each-way bet for the Arc and I believe Hawk Wing is a shoe-in for the Breeders' Cup.
- It's not utterly drastic - he's picked up a couple of each-way bets here and there - but he's basically not performing.
- He laid an each-way bet on Galway Plate winner, Nearly A Moose, and enjoyed the spoils of 25-1 odds.
- With running plans fluid, an each-way bet is advised at this stage.
- If you get these odds on a league result, an each-way bet may be a consideration.
- Even last week, for the Grand National, I had a fiver each way on a horse.
- While Hold That Tiger will almost certainly start favourite, Audience will be the best each-way bet and could land the big prize at a tidy price.
- Crystal D' Ainay, a much-improved horse this season, appeals as an each-way wager.
- In a wide open contest it may pay to invest an each way wager on the Donnie Hasset trained Peace Leader.
- The Middleham trainer saddles Zindabad in this £750,000 showpiece race, and Kevin Darley's mount has plenty of appeal as an each-way wager at around 8-1.
- My dad put 10p each way on the horse for me that year to keep me quiet I think.
- If he runs in the former and things go his way this fellow will be the best each way bet of the entire week.
- And while none of them cleaned out the bookies with their euro each-way bets, they still enjoyed themselves.
- Better Days looks sure to go well in this fiercely competitive handicap and looks a very tempting each-way wager at around 25-1.
- With $50 invested each-way on Makybe Diva, plus the quinella with Vinnie Roe, the betting account is now extremely healthy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.