In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1carrera limpia feminine
- In his fourth start of the season last night, Weaver pitched five innings with no earned runs, allowing two hits and no walks against seven strikeouts.
- In a strange twist, Morris, who had pitched so brilliantly the year before, was roughed up for ten earned runs in 10.2 innings while pitching for Toronto.
- The A's had nine hits off the 20-year-old in only three innings, as Kazmir allowed five earned runs while striking out only two.
- Personally, I tend to favor pitchers who throw more innings with fewer hits, earned runs, and home runs allowed while also striking out more batters.
- He began the season with a twelve strikeout masterpiece, and only allowed four earned runs in his first four starts, spanning 27.1 innings.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.