In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(el) Domingo de Pascua(el) Domingo de Resurrección
- On Easter Day, those people who want to go to church are not prevented.
- Children can take part in an Easter Trail on Good Friday and Easter Sunday at East Riddlesden Hall.
- Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter Day are the three most important days in the Church year.
- Good Friday and Easter Sunday continue to have massive relevance.
- The experience of the preparation for Easter during Lent and Holy Week only serves to heighten the experience of Easter Day itself.
- Her passing was truly an Easter death - poised between Good Friday and Easter Day.
- Along with traditional Catholic and American holidays like Christmas Day, New Year's Day, and Easter Day, Sicilians also celebrate several feast days.
- Currently the Easter break is tied to Easter Day, with the date changing from year to year.
- Large numbers of the faithful turned out through Holy Week and Easter Day for the various celebrations in the Churches of the area, with good weather facilitating attendance throughout.
- On Easter Sunday 1865 mass was celebrated in this church for the first time.
- The Sermon for Easter Day makes explicit that the Resurrection is not just a pledge of human immortality but is linked inseparably to our justification.
- A cross, or sometimes the Host, was placed in the sepulchre from Good Friday to Easter Sunday.
- The next opportunity will take place on Easter Sunday when a community arts day for peace and reconciliation will be held in the village.
- Well its Easter Sunday - traditionally the one day of the year when I never feel like chocolate.
- On Easter Day there was a dawn service at 6am on Roundway Hill, overlooking the three crosses.
- On Easter Sunday my husband and I had a very enjoyable lunch at a friend's house.
- This is an Easter musical telling the story from Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday.
- The Archbishop of Canterbury leads a service in celebration of Easter Day reflecting on the cost of discipleship and the joy of the resurrection.
- It was still that way in the early hours of the first Easter Day, until two women went to his tomb and found it open and empty.
- On Easter Sunday I went to a service in a church near my home in Oxford.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.