In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1azucena blanca feminine
- Not counting the Easter lily, the lilies that fit most peoples’ image of this flower are any of the Oriental types.
- From Asiatic to Oriental lilies, from the tiger to the Easter lily, these stately, often perfumed flowers look best planted in abundance and mingled into the garden beds.
- Gardeners report that their Easter lilies have been extra-tall and carried many blooms this year.
- A friend had given us a beautiful Easter lily, two stems with four or five lilies on each, and more to come.
- After Easter lilies finish blooming indoors, they can be planted in the garden where they will often come back for several years, blooming in late summer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.