In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1música de fácil escucha feminine
- One of the local easy-listening stations started playing Christmas music 24/7 the day after Thanksgiving and will continue to do so until the holiest of holidays.
- People who like easy-listening music are already covered by Lite FM.
- We hang on the phone tolerating easy-listening music for many eternities, only to talk to script-bound customer service people.
- The older generation, as well as the authorities, discouraged easy-listening music.
- It is a spangly piece of tuneful easy listening, a record unashamed of a simple chorus and a driving rhythm.
- I was driving a rental car, and I'd turned on the local easy-listening station, since that's the sort of thing you're supposed to listen to in rental cars.
- The next time I got in her car, my friend irritably popped in a Van Halen CD and said, ‘I brought this for you since you can't stand my easy-listening music.’
- Obviously, it tries to emulate cheesy easy-listening music of the 70s.
- On other nights there is easy-listening music.
- There is no grit, dirt, grime or funk worth mentioning, and the rawness I was expecting has been replaced with easy-listening soul ballads.
- The music will appeal to all ages - easy listening music in the style of Frank Sinatra or Dean Martin, but is by no means a tribute to these performers.
- With its orchestral arrangements, dragging tempos and saccharine delivery, it seems less like pop music than easy listening.
- The album is an easy-listening blend of folk, rock, and pop that pleases both the ear and the soul.
- Within the last ten years or so, piped-in music has changed from consisting mainly of easy-listening covers of Beatles tunes to consisting mainly of obscure and bad pop music.
- Armed with an acoustic guitar, she flirts, funks and folks her way through 10 easy-listening pop ditties.
- His easy-listening albums sold more than 70 million copies.
- But for the music I play, which is easy-listening country and folk, a beautiful old Takamine is the only thing to use onstage.
- It will probably never be a best seller, but if you like a bit of country that's not too country, combined with a smooth easy-listening vocalist, this may be the next album for you.
- Not trippy enough for trip hop, and not good enough for its own category, Dragizas seems to want to create some sort of easy listening album.
- It's almost too good to be true and cynics may dismiss this fine album as mere easy listening but that would be wrong.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.