In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1she's pretty easygoing — es una persona de trato fácil / sin complicaciones
- he has an easygoing attitude to life — se toma la vida con soda
- the new teacher is fairly easygoing — el profesor nuevo es bastante barco
- when it comes to food, I'm pretty easygoing — en cuanto a comida, no soy mañoso
- The Gwaliorites are traditional people and are easy-going and tolerant.
- Instead, approach her with a mature, easy-going attitude and genuinely listen to what she has to say.
- It eventually led to a glamorous career in which he was equally as famous for his technical skill with a camera as his easy-going manner behind it.
- Most of their players are casual competitors who treat the sport as a pleasant pastime and an easy-going way of relaxation.
- I'm still not that tolerant or easy-going, but I'm far better than I was when I went in.
- The watchword here was informality, with the pair linking skits and sketches in an amiable, easy-going manner.
- Even at the height of the business day, Montpelier had an easy-going, laid-back way about it.
- Despite his life going downhill, he was still described by people who knew him as a gentle, placid, easy-going, amiable man.
- By all reports, Roberts has an easy-going demeanor that would allow him to get along with all members of the Court.
- He had an easy-going manner, which made him a natural and popular leader.
- For some reason, he wasn't himself; normally he was so relaxed and easy-going that it got annoying.
- The current situation our economy faces now does not allow an easy-going attitude.
- It's very easy to see him as the easy-going Welsh lad.
- He is surprised that someone as laid-back and easy-going as she is could be so successful in a tough business.
- The mood, for the most part, was one of easy-going generosity towards the Prince.
- It's amazing how paranoid I am about my handbag, considering how easy-going I am about most things.
- To do this requires an easy-going personality, the ability to improvise, and a deep love of children.
- Roger's easy-going, relaxed style made him a star performer on the European television and concert circuit.
- It was the New York of its day with a cosmopolitan population and an easy-going attitude to life.
- What he has proved to be is a shrewd tactician and an astute responder to the public mood whose easy-going manner disguises some ruthless populism.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.