In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1I'm a big eater — como mucho
- she's a big eater — come mucho
- we're big meat eaters — somos muy carnívoros
- I'm a fussy eater — soy muy maniático / remilgoso para comer
- It revealed whoever made it was not a great vegetable eater but consumed large amounts of meat and grain.
- And even the most fastidious eaters today are probably consuming gene-altered food against their will.
- Canadians are ‘big eaters,’ with meat portions in particular dominating the Canadian meal.
- Those Willett boys didn't get that big by being fussy eaters surely?
- It wasn't intentional; she just wasn't a big eater.
- He is a compulsive eater; consuming all he can to fill the void within him that food really can't fill.
- You just have to try and fit it in - and I'm a big eater!
- She is a slow thoughtful eater and I gulp my food down but other than that we had lots in common.
- Most chronic arthritis patients are heavy eaters and often take food furnishing 3,500 to 4,000 calories.
- My picky eater son isn't much into trying new things.
- As for my brothers, well I have four of them and they're all big eaters.
- If our forbears were big eaters, or if we were fed a lot in childhood, our needs will be greater.
- While eating well is a term used to compliment big eaters, eating properly entails replenishing energy resources.
- If you don't eat meat or fish, but are happy to tuck into dairy products and eggs, you are a lacto-ovo-vegetarian - and the most common type of vegetarian eater.
- Rosies are voracious eaters, consuming almost anything and everything.
- As a big and fussy eater, I found the whole thing tortuous.
- If you start with a book like this one, chances are you won't need that picky eater chapter at all.
- The courses are sized small, but leave even big eaters satisfied.
- Unlike most heavyweights, is a picky eater, no spicy foods.
- The list of main courses offered something for everyone - big eaters and small, vegetarians and carnivores.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.