In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1comida femininemanduca feminine informalmorfe masculine Southern Cone slang
- Refuel with good Slovenian eats like sausages and pastas, and spend your nights in family-run pensions and a medieval castle.
- Tickets cost 10 and include drinks and light eats.
- Nice crowd for brunch at the Union Cafe - we opted for cheaper eats at the Oriental fast food place in the food court.
- Make a mental note of the cheap eats along this stretch of road.
- All this variety is organized into chapters like late-night eats, takeouts, breakfast joints and an array of ethnic sections.
- Hola's also got a nice short menu of tropical and tropical-inspired light eats, perfect breakfast and lunch fare.
- He introduced me to the streets around the hotel and importantly the cheap eats.
- Yes, that's right, the tables are turned in Germany and the person who is one year older is required to put up eats and drinks for her or his workmates.
- Tracy and Lu are the perfect traveling companions… not only do they know where the best eats in town are; they are up at the crack of dawn, ready to explore the city with gusto.
- Divided into sections that cover small eats, drinks, soups, rice dishes, side dishes and sweets, the recipes are clear and concise.
- Some members of the corps could be at the venue for anything up to four hours, and with no other outlet for eats or drinks at that level.
- An added attraction is a food court offering quick eats representing the best of the East and the West.
- Open for three months now, it's a place for light vegetarian eats.
- So making healthy eats more easily available is also important.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.