In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pastel individual relleno de cremapalo de nata masculine Spainbomba feminine River Plate
- Brian's no sooner plopped himself down on the sofa and doffed his designer sunglasses than he starts making trouble by helping himself to the chocolate eclairs that Michael bought especially for his outing with Dr. Dave.
- For dessert they selected a chocolate eclair with vanilla ice cream.
- My favourite is the chocolate eclairs, although the brownies were also good.
- Plied with not just croissants, but also pains au chocolat, eclairs and elegant little cakes, the Virgos recount the tale that has secured them a footnote in British political history.
- I sort of ended up telling him the whole story over coffee and eclairs.
- Since chocolate eclairs taste much better than broccoli, realizing that we still like broccoli may give it a fighting chance.
- I also have a total weakness for cakes - especially a nice sponge or some chocolate eclairs.
- As the university's famous jazz ensemble entertained, guests sampled sushi, shrimp, cheeses, fruit, sandwiches, eclairs and other desserts.
- That's a pineapple carrot cake on the bottom and whiskey eclairs in the middle and deep dish chocolate cake with the candle in it.
- Butterflies were released instead of confetti, the reception had an African theme and the cake was made up of chocolate eclairs and berries.
- I will be posting an itinerary shortly so that you can all plan your weekend around coming and supporting us in our efforts by bringing gifts of vodka and chocolate eclairs.
- A plateful of sinful chocolate eclairs sitting on the countertop were trying hard to call my name, flirting with my sweet tooth by offering promises of oozing cream and a sugary chocolate fondant topping.
- It is a relatively small price to pay, however, for the abundance of cheap beer, divine chocolate eclairs and great restaurants he enjoys throughout Sofia.
- After that I shall no doubt eat a fresh cream chocolate eclair.
- So with that in mind, I ordered the toffee cheesecake and then went back to Lisa's flat for chocolate eclairs.
- For dessert we ordered chocolate eclairs served with ice cream, chocolate and blueberry sauce.
- They were like eclairs with a marzipan, instead of a fondant, topping.
- Will local bakeries that produce buns and chocolate eclairs be affected?
- Had we the time and the sweet tooth we could have ordered a confection from the counter, anything from a Chester cake to an eclair to a scone with jam and butter.
- Graham had chocolate eclairs and I treated myself to a small pack of custard tarts.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.