In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- These icings are a perfect way to top off your organic desserts or turn your black forest cake into a truly eco-friendly treat.
- Now my overall cleaning costs are so low I don't worry about splurging on the eco-friendly dish detergent.
- They will speak about the need to become more eco-friendly.
- There can be many eco-friendly designs for city development.
- The thermal properties of eco-friendly glass are also different from the corresponding leaded glasses.
- The group has developed eco-friendly homes with light steel frames, made from recycled British steel.
- The focus of urban planning is now on eco-friendly methods to tackle the winged marauder, the mosquito, going by what planners say.
- Instead, the stress should be on eco-friendly and economical techniques of pest-control and crop management.
- Veggie car owners agree that biodiesel is another renewable fuel source, but say it isn't as cost effective or eco-friendly.
- They liked our airports, our hotels and our eco-friendly sustainable Olympic village.
- Alternative, eco-friendly recipes for cleaning and beauty products are also offered.
- The specialist mobile unit and its array of eco-friendly products set to work at once.
- Reduced taxation for eco-friendly products or services can be applied to give market incentives to companies and customers.
- Over the past decade, there's been a rise in eco-friendly bed-and-breakfasts.
- The centre is also outsourcing eco-friendly products in view of the heavy demand for these from locals and tourists.
- Silk can also be made in a non-violent, eco-friendly and sustainable way.
- The advent of plastic saw this natural and eco-friendly product being forced out of homes, leaving the craftsmen in the lurch.
- The car is both eco-friendly and economical, according to him.
- It is considered a more eco-friendly method of cultivation and its high yields can help the community overcome food insecurity.
- Now you can even get an eco-friendly retirement account through a mainstream financial planner.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.