In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1etiquetado ecológico masculineeco(-)etiquetado masculine
- But it is still hoping for agreement on eco-labelling so that consumers can be informed about the environmental impact of the products they buy - but it is finding opposition from other countries.
- These accession states also could be a good testing ground for new policy instruments such as voluntary agreements for eco-labeling and market mechanisms such as emissions trading and energy taxes.
- The rapid spread in eco-labeling of forest products likely will force logging firms to change to sustainable harvesting or be driven out of business.
- ‘International pressure, in terms of eco-labeling or forest product certification, will be ineffective, unless we first show our own commitment to complying with the law and taking harsher action against illegal loggers,’ he said.
- There are some aspects of the trade and environment debate, such as the precautionary principle and eco-labelling, that give us cause for deep anxiety.
- European eco-labelling has enjoyed a very uneven history; and ‘fair-trade’ products have grown in number but remain limited to a small range of products (bananas, tea, coffee, chocolate).
- A negative impact from eco-labeling conforms with other evidence that a strong pro-environmental stance did not benefit candidates in the 1996 and 1998 elections.
- Another method of raising environmental standards is through eco-labelling.
- There will also be discussion on eco-labelling, which may be illegal under current trade rules.
- Planned developments in Integrated Production Policy will mean that tools such as eco-labelling and environmental management systems will be driving forces for companies in every sector of the economy.
- Generally, eco-labeling is beneficial, and env-PAC support increases a candidate's chance of winning an election, thereby heightening environmental support within the Senate.
- Countries including Korea, the United States and China are claiming that eco-labelling damages their competitiveness and acts as a barrier to trade.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.