In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Then I got a Ph.D. in ecology and evolutionary biology at the University of Tennessee.
- The women's and ecology movements are therefore one.
- Behavioral ecology is a naturalistic perspective somewhat similar to sociobiology.
- After a few years of working in the field, I went back to graduate school to study marine ecology.
- A general goal of avian evolutionary ecology is to understand mechanisms driving patterns of community organization.
- Effective management for this species is hampered because relatively little is known about nesting ecology.
- It always interested me why that happened, and why it happened at the same time that the science of ecology was born.
- Whale Study Week includes boat trips as well as classes in whale biology and general marine ecology.
- In this paper, recent work on fruit type evolution in angiosperms is reviewed in relation to dispersal agents and habitat ecology.
- After his formal retirement in 1974, Dan made significant contributions to urban wildlife ecology and conservation.
- We were leaning about ecology in our biology class and this involved a trip to Dublin Zoo.
- Outdoor experts will teach ecology and the river environment as it pertains to supporting the carp species.
- He has long been widely cited by many different branches of the radical ecology movement.
- Masters and doctoral programs feature ecosystem ecology courses in restoration.
- So instead of a plan based on timber production, it is based on ecology as well.
- Therefore, measurements of dive depths and profiles are significant components in many studies of seabird foraging ecology.
- The latter paper complements the majority of those in this volume that focused on stopover ecology in eastern North America.
- Scientists say they still have a lot to learn about ecology at Mount St. Helens.
- The emphasis is on horticultural aspects of reproductive biology and pollination ecology.
- The reductionist approach is thus coupled with the ecology of whole organisms.
- Despite the abundance of Impatiens species in China, studies of pollination systems and pollination ecology have not been reported.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.