In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Structural equation models were first introduced into genetics, econometrics, and social science.
- They recognized that these were not yet perfect, but believed that the shortcomings at that time could be remedied through further development of statistics, econometrics and the use of powerful computers.
- The committee's chief concern, however, was how I was going to incorporate econometrics and statistical analysis to prove direct causal effect of finance to the real economy.
- The discipline now draws upon a range of theories and concepts, which are broader and more sensitive to historical analysis than neo-classical economics and more inclusive than time series econometrics.
- In the social sciences, economics and econometrics are the most widespread and highly developed fields.
- Labor economics has become virtually a branch of applied econometrics, with the usual large data sets and headless horsemen running around looking for patterns.
- The prerequisites for this course were a solid training in mathematics and econometrics and some knowledge of basic time series analysis.
- This is largely true when it comes to statistical analysis, econometrics, and mathematical programming.
- A more serious objection, for the business economist practitioner, to the unmodified adoption of time series analysis is that it pushes econometrics away from economics.
- Using both economic theory and econometrics he argues that the years after World War II displayed strong evidence of home market effects.
- The requirement to complete courses in mathematics and econometrics to proceed beyond Principles level has reduced the discipline's appeal to many potential students.
- As its technical complexity has increased, knowledge of econometrics and mathematics has become necessary.
- This issue has two book reviews, both concerned with econometrics and forecasting.
- This summary reveals that the highest concentration of women's research interests is in econometrics and quantitative Economics.
- It is important to record that there is no formal hypothesis testing here, no econometrics of any sort, and this methodology is quite incapable of distinguishing causation from association.
- The purpose of the present paper is to investigate the diversity of research strength for Australian universities in the broad discipline areas of economics, econometrics, finance and accounting.
- For that matter, mainstream microeconomists or game theorists might be puzzled as well, for our authors aren't really describing economics but rather econometrics.
- Although a complete system of equations for household production time and labor supply for a married couple can be readily constructed at a theoretical level, the econometrics of estimating such a system are extremely daunting.
- These people are not economists with degrees in econometrics; they are not accountants.
- Disciplines such as statistics and econometrics are continually developing new techniques of analysis, whilst some techniques are developed within the social sciences themselves.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.