In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(development/policy/growth) económicokey economic indicators — los indicadores económicos claves
- economic aid — ayuda económica
- economic forecast — previsiones económicas
- economic geography — geografía económica
- an economic miracle — un milagro económico
- economic refugee — inmigrante económica
- economic sanctions — sanciones económicas
- economic warfare — guerra económica
- The two political leaders conduct their argument on the margins of economic policy.
- We learned that economic sanctions over a long period of time and patient diplomacy can work.
- The potential scenarios are endless, but all are economic in nature.
- There are different views about the importance of regulating global economic processes.
- Even given Japan's overall economic recovery, investing in real estate remains a gamble.
- Argentina has been crippled for months by the worst economic crisis in its history.
- As a result, the government's purely economic reforms lacked boldness after this dramatic overture.
- There is no question that economic sanctions contributed to this result, but at what price?
- High-tech industries threatened to leave California, thus jeopardizing the state's new economic prosperity.
- At present, the United States is the dominant world economic and technological power.
- They are often viewed as agents responsible for the changing world economic, political, and social order.
- Getting the public finances back into balance must be a key objective of economic policy.
- It represents the Union's first effort to develop a common policy in a major economic sphere.
- Productivity levels of the skilled and educated labour force are still high despite the current economic down turn.
- Thus we can expect economic down cycles caused by oil shortages and higher prices to happen very fast.
- We should remember that economic downturns, accounting irregularities and even geopolitical issues are nothing new.
- Moreover, the political situation, worsened by great economic hardship, remained extremely tense.
- Negotiations have been complicated by court rulings over economic policy.
- Talk of new economic policies and tangible tax cuts are welcome - and perhaps overdue.
- The world is in a great economic crisis.
2British(profitable)rentableto charge an economic rent — cobrar un alquiler rentable
- Many car parks are going because high land prices make building flats more economic.
- The recipe of conditions that will make collaboration economic must have not yet come together.
- It is, of course, part of the problem that we do not have an economic immigration policy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.