In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Japanese executives will probably never go as far a some free-market economists wish in slashing payrolls.
- Leading agricultural economists forecast that agriculture is moving to a bimodal system of production.
- Our senior economists were saying then that it could not happen again.
- In the next decade, labor economists predict serious shortages in many forms of skilled and professional employment segments.
- He is chief economist at the Bank of Ireland.
- Development economists once were optimistic that the nation's poor countries could grow rapidly.
- Neoclassical economists have traditionally argued in favor of efforts to increase national saving in the long run.
- But many economists believe that relative poverty rather than absolute standards is what matters.
- Some economists argued the rising price would not impact on the global economic recovery.
- One of North America's leading agricultural economists said Tuesday that farms will have to adapt or perish.
- The bull market in bonds in a deflation is completely ignored by mainstream economists.
- Neoclassical economists say impatiently that it makes sense to borrow against the additional earnings that a university degree may generate.
- Now, labor economists argue that additional benefits are necessary.
- I am not in a position to tell economists how to pursue their craft.
- But economists at universities still weren't impressed.
- Even industry backers are cautious about the new approaches, and some economists are skeptical.
- Now they're greeting rising demand with more measured output, some economists believe.
- More important, economists are automatically skeptical about this sort of research.
- Mainstream economists actually believe that in doing all of this they are seriously tackling environmental problems.
- Health economists have long noted variations in healthcare utilization by comparing geographic areas.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.