In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(de) tamaño familiar(de) tamaño económico
- Now, if this economy-size headache goes away, I will be doing a post-speech analysis.
- ‘Like a Forest’ is filled out with an economy-size string section produced to sound incredibly dense.
- He wins an economy-sized bottle of something greasy.
- Then, from a utility-kitchen refrigerator, she retrieved and devoured (in exactly what order I don't recall) a container of chicken wings, a combo plate of tacos and an economy-size tub of Velveeta.
- Yes folks, while I was walking around with an economy-sized can of Aqua Net to keep the world's largest hair intact, I was, like, so sad about the ozone layer and the rain forests and stuff.
- Empty economy-size shampoo and conditioner bottles into small, squeezable ones that are easier for a child to hold.
- Amazingly enough, the herbs necessary were in the duffel bag in gigantic economy-size bottles, so he could make several weeks worth of things taste like chicken before he starved to death.
- She stared as I wrestled my way around my eight-month-pregnant belly and down to the bottom of the cart to retrieve the economy-sized box of diapers.
- A few days later, at 2 A.M., he was rousted from sleep by four or five soldiers armed with blankets stuffed with economy-size bars of soap.
- The only bent knees were those necessitated by the practicalities of squeezing two large economy-sized people into a standard-sized chunk of porcelain.
- And you and I could barely make the payments now without buying the economy-size ketchup!
- I took an economy-size swallow of orange juice.
- If there's a line, fill your giant economy-sized water bottle in the locker-room sink.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.