In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1embarazo ectópico masculineembarazo extrauterino masculine
- Anyone who can get pregnant can have an ectopic pregnancy.
- Over 95% of ectopic pregnancies occur in a fallopian tube (the tubes connecting the ovaries to the womb).
- However, they are not very effective at preventing ectopic pregnancies which develop outside the uterine cavity.
- Currently there is enough evidence in favour of the efficacy of methotrexate in the treatment of ectopic pregnancy, and about 45% of all ectopic pregnancies can be managed with methotrexate.
- This is because overall the risk of pregnancy in these situations is low, but if pregnancy does occur an ectopic pregnancy is more likely.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.