In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It increases the likelihood of a person having asthma, eczema or hay fever.
- You might scratch the skin because it is itchy due to eczema or psoriasis inside the ear.
- Of the allergic diseases, eczema is the most common among both adults and children.
- The blurb goes on to say it will help treat conditions from eczema to brain tumours.
- This is very bad news for the one person in ten who suffers from nickel allergy, or those with eczema or dermatitis.
- In reality she is more likely to help locals with remedies for their children's eczema or chicken pox.
- It signifies many kinds of skin afflictions including eczema, acne, and boils.
- Atopic eczema is the most common type of eczema and is linked with hay fever and asthma.
- She had never smoked but did have several allergies, including eczema and perennial rhinitis.
- It is said that every fifth person suffers from eczema, psoriasis or some form of allergy and these often run in the family.
- Now, suppose we look at the table the other way round, and ask what is the probability that a child with hay fever will also have eczema?
- A flare-up of eczema allowed him to obtain a medical release from duty.
- Late in his career he completed a research study on associations between eczema and psoriasis.
- So, how do those of you who have eczema or similar skin conditions cope with the uncertainty?
- Hay fever, asthma and eczema are all related allergic conditions and the tendency to develop them runs in families.
- Honey is another natural remedy for soothing inflammation, eczema, burns and skin infections.
- Fungal rashes can sometimes be confused with other skin conditions, such as psoriasis and eczema.
- It is much less common in childhood than other skin conditions such as eczema but rarely, it does develop before the age of ten years.
- If there is eczema, asthma, or hay fever in your family, you are more likely to become allergic to something yourself.
- Reactions to food often affect those with other classic allergies such as hay fever, asthma and eczema.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.