In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1edificación del espíritu feminine formalhere's a copy of the boss's memo for your edification — aquí tienes una copia del memorándum del jefe para que te instruyas ironic
- Cemeteries are no longer sites of public moral edification and aesthetic education.
- When a professional is delivering an information piece for public edification it needs to fair and balanced.
- We do not customarily look to opera for moral edification.
- Stories of wonder shifted from instruments of edification to entertainment.
- On the other hand, he's observed you're not with any children or anything… so that means you came here alone, for your own edification.
- But if your tolerance for self-importance is dipping low, look elsewhere for edification.
- The tension between honesty and edification is the fundamental dilemma of teaching theology.
- Here, for your edification, is a small selection of the headlines I routinely have to delete from my site.
- Even during such moments, however, the general reader is pulled back and forth between edification and enlightenment.
- It also aims to encourage the development of such online books, for the benefit and edification of all
- Here's the first reference for your edification.
- Mask dances performed by villagers combined dance with satiric drama, making fun of erring officials and monks for entertainment and ethical edification.
- They are pursued for an individual Marine's edification.
- The first is the extent to which Londoners, by the Elizabethan period at least, were exposed to all manner of highly accessible modes of propaganda and polemic, entertainment and edification.
- Furthermore, you are placing yourself in a position in which your own participation in worship will be less than desirable for your personal edification and for the good of all.
- I was told to get over to the National Archives, and pick up these papers which were being declassified, which were there for my edification.
- The other main users seem to be people preparing sermons or Bible studies and those who simply want to read for edification.
- For Shaw's edification, Diana also links to the information provided here and elsewhere to support her points.
- It's best to focus on the results of the real-world listening tests; the spectrum analysis graphs are presented simply for your edification.
- After fully admitting its good qualities, we must point out that the Jerusalem Bible is not in fact suitable for Christians who are in need of edification in the faith.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.