In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1masculine corrector (de estilo)feminine correctora (de estilo)masculine redactorfeminine redactoramasculine editorfeminine editoramasculine editorfeminine editora
- They won't be able to shut you up, as long as you also contact the editors of major newspapers.
- In his club he met a newspaper editor who let him ‘embrace journalism’ as a sports writer.
- Get to know the editors of your local newspaper by providing information about your business to them.
- He was the president of the student counsel and was the editor for the school newspaper.
- Why would the editor of a newspaper alienate some of its better educated paying customers?
- However, some student newspaper editors said they ran the ad in the spirit of free speech and open debate.
- These included newspaper editors, political leaders and other activists.
- The editor of the newspaper I was working for never let me forget my slip-up.
- But we don't have any black editors of major newspapers or magazines to my knowledge.
- The newspaper's editors distort, manipulate and lie in the pursuit of their right-wing goals.
- He said the newspaper editor was a busy man, a bit annoyed that this footballer's wife should be wasting his time.
- Whether the findings have any legal implications is for the judges to decide, not for the newspaper editors.
- Elite editors and book reviews and media types have confirmed anti-firearm views.
- The jury was discharged and leave given to seek an order for the attachment and committal of the five newspaper editors.
- This was the overriding message coming across to a group of Irish newspaper editors on a visit to Brussels last week.
- This, of course, was not the intention of the newspaper's publisher and editors.
- As the editor of the newspaper, how could you allow this to grace the front page of the paper?
- Last week, many letters to the editors of newspapers critiqued Cathy's selection to light the flame.
- Stothard points out that the role of the editor of a newspaper has changed a great deal over time.
- Finally, this week it is my privilege to pay tribute to the editor of our sister newspaper in Mayo.
1.2(of newspaper, magazine)director masculinedirectora feminineredactor responsable masculineredactora responsable feminineeditor-in-chief — redactora jefe feminine
1.3(of movie, radio show)editor masculineeditora feminine
- Already, editors and writers are struggling to adjust to the changed atmosphere.
- They were top-flight journalists and editors from newspapers and magazines!
- Contributing editors publish monthly columns, ensuring that we continually update our readers.
- For writers and editors, the workshop was a blizzard of inspiration and instruction.
- Earlier this week, I asked readers to weigh in on the ways editors can help writers.
- Writers complain about tone-deaf editors who read with their eyes and not with their ears.
- It pushes me to get out of my office and spend time with other editors and writers.
- No one told me what to write nor was there an unspoken agenda or expectation on the part of the commissioning editor that I knew of.
- After finding the paper's methods and assumptions had been flawed, five of the journal's editors resigned.
- That way, writers and editors can work from a plan and use tools stored on their workbench.
- Our senior commissioning editor had flagged at least one place where a table had been botched in the printout.
- How did Miller get to a position in which she could write such stories and her editors give them such play?
- Some have simply had a bad relationship with their editors or the publishing house.
- But commissioning editors don't think like this.
- Writers and editors should begin to discuss how to apply this valuable narrative tool more often.
- Weblog editors let you create posts offline, with all the embellishments you want.
- The third window is the code editor that shows files that are a part of your program.
- This article takes you on a whirlwind tour of soundfile editors for Linux.
- In fact in most cases, it is highly desirable to have an editor that wraps long text lines.
- You can use the editor simply to move pieces around as you would on a board or you can use it to set up a game in any manner you like and then play it from that point.
- While the editor looks pretty intuitive, it's not exactly a drag and drop affair.
- The actual page is plain HTML which I coded in an HTML editor, and the blog bit is done with a SSI.
- It knows nothing about music notation, and it is not designed to be a soundfile editor.
- Players can also use the track editor to design and race over their own creations.
- Real Software has also enhanced the tool's database handler, code editor and debugger.
- Many image editors such as Adobe Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro can perform these tasks.
- Most exciting of all you can now create or alter picture messages with a picture editor built-in to the phone.
- The editors allows a programmer to directly manipulate the intentional program tree.
- These graphical editors will help you to design a professional looking web site after a lot of practice.
- They are trying to beat Google by improving algorithmic search results with editors.
- This is useful if you want a simple way to send people your pictures without messing around in an image editor.
- The editor is preferably operable on a personal computer found in many homes today.
- Switching between editors is very easy, using tabs at the top of the interface.
- For those in need of help, the editor is accompanied by a tutorial on the developer's Website.
- We used to have a computer editor that let everyone have a different interface.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.