In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(establishment) docente(establishment) de enseñanza
- The majority argued that racial diversity was a legitimate goal for educational institutes.
- Adult social class and income were strongly related to educational level.
- Her ultimate ambition is to empower and enable people through educational achievement.
- What, then, is the educational ethos in these schools, and what do they teach?
- No one would seek to deny the link between educational achievement and social conditions.
- Parents will look to the state as the sole provider of educational funds for their children.
- There is a distinction between special educational needs and other needs.
- Each of the educational theories presented here can guide our teaching practices.
- It would infuse the vitality of a free market and thus break the state educational monopoly.
- Local retired primary teachers visited the centre to assist the educational programme.
- Speaking English as a second language has no real impact on educational achievement.
- Overseas texts vary because of the market size and often the educational context.
- A French educational system was developed and a French university established in Hanoi.
- Its report is part of a wider review of special educational needs provision in the district.
- And this is by no means purely institutional or confined to the educational process.
- This is a disgrace for a college that claims progressive employment and educational policies.
- New forms of educational content for schools have also been pioneered in Hull.
- Numerous studies have shown that boys are falling behind girls in terms of educational achievement.
- The proportion of students with special educational needs is below average.
- Redistribution of educational funding was not reflected in the achievement of the bulk of pupils.
2(toy) educativo(toy) instructivo(method) pedagógico
- He is also visiting schools to give informal educational talks about his experiences.
- In addition to educational information, the site has articles on health and leisure.
- The Associated Press reported that a few got queasy but that others found it an educational experience.
- They have an educational web site where you can learn about the dolphins that visit the resort.
- We've always known school is educational in far more ways than academics can cover.
- During practical training, ward rounds and outpatient clinics should be educational.
- The indoor aquarium has been set up as an educational tool for students and researchers.
- The book is an educational experience for the layman who is also a practising Christian.
- The former could be used in a school educational film teaching tolerance.
- Information materials and educational packages are available to help in this task.
- The headteacher said it had been an enjoyable and educational week.
3(publisher) de libros de texto
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.