In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The main function of the accreditation body would be to assess whether clinical establishments comply with set standards, to assist them in upgrading their standards and to play an educative and informative role.
- The BBC's attitude was that a ‘broadcasting service which contained no reference to politics could not claim to be a balanced service, or an informative or educative one’.
- My concern is balance and underscoring the educative power of vocational interests.
- It is an informative summary and a useful educative tool, saying all the right things that a beginner needs to know.
- Without the other, the free flow of educative information between the governed and policy makers is drastically affected thereby limiting the prospects of development.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.