In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The trials also showed that efficacy is sustained during a one-year treatment period.
- The sooner the morning after pill is taken after sex the greater its efficacy.
- Clinical trials are in progress to assess its efficacy in severe asthma.
- He argued that monitoring of treatment efficacy would be difficult and expensive.
- The government claims this is part of a research project to test the safety and efficacy of the drug.
- It has proved efficacy in the treatment of depression and has been shown to be cost effective.
- In order to have any efficacy whatever, a world organization must be able to override big states as well as small ones.
- Drugs with comparable efficacy but better safety profiles later appeared on the market.
- There was a lack of data on efficacy and adverse effects for all the other drugs.
- On its own this finding is insufficient to define the relative efficacy of the two treatments.
- However, there is very little evidence on the comparative efficacy of classes of drugs.
- The partisanship has even reduced their efficacy as a binding force of our nation.
- Concerns about the safety and efficacy of human cloning, then, do not warrant a ban in law.
- Our aim was not to assess efficacy of antibiotics but the effectiveness of prescribing strategies.
- Blood tests may be needed periodically to monitor the treatment and its efficacy.
- It'll be some time before the safety and efficacy of the other products is proven.
- Well, I don't have a huge list of examples but I've seen enough to convince me of it's efficacy.
- The power of transformation or efficacy of the commodity is often a selling point.
- The report noted that it does not evaluate the actual efficacy of the programs themselves.
- They have had seven matches together, but judgment on their efficacy has been reserved.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.