In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine vertidosfeminine aguas residualesradioactive effluent — vertidos radioactivos
- If the farm allows effluent into the river, then the fishery suffers due to increased costs of water purification.
- Pollution of water bodies by industrial effluents and civic waste is a crime on humanity and can no longer be ignored by the enforcing authorities.
- If effluent enters the river, bacteria use this food to multiply.
- Ground water is polluted by industrial effluent and human waste.
- The effluent contains a variety of industrial wastes but no estimate of their pollutional load is available.
- Treated effluent is still discharged into Maguires Creek, the Richmond River and the Pacific Ocean.
- Late this season several thousand juvenile salmon died on an upper stretch of the Moy as a result of a discharge of effluent.
- But we can't go on trying to deal with effluent and waste and toxins without putting in resources.
- Something similar happened when pig-farm effluent got into a river in Carolina in the US.
- Most rivers - or what's left of them - are foul reservoirs of industrial effluents and sewage.
- Typical point sources of water pollution are manufacturing effluent and municipal waste.
- However, there were occasions when because of the poor quality industrial effluents being discharged into the river the water could carry no oxygen and it was impossible for fish to survive.
- The indiscriminate dumping of industrial effluents and civic waste, in combination with falling water levels have taken their toll.
- This dumping of industrial effluents into the rivers will affect the general health of livestock and human beings dependant on water from these rivers.
- There were also 61 oil spills and 54 leaks of minerals and trade effluent.
- He said that the company, which admitted one count of discharging effluent, took environmental issues seriously.
- We are well aware that to discharge untreated effluent into a water course is illegal and unacceptable.
- Farmers are now aware that silage effluent is highly polluting.
- The agency said there were high levels of nutrients, particularly phosphate and nitrate, which entered the river through sewage effluents and agricultural activities.
- It emerged last night that chemically treated human effluent was discharged at the site yesterday afternoon.
(stream flowing from lake)arroyo que desagua un lago
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.