In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(grace) natural(prose/style) fluidoan apparently effortless movement — un movimiento realizado sin esfuerzo aparente
- But when he meets her, her effortless charisma leads him to hire her as a dancer.
- They epitomised effortless style and glamour.
- The young waiters offset all this history with their effortless urban cool; one has sideburns you could ski-jump off.
- The effortless and natural acting of the children add a unique flavour to the film making it realistic and palpable.
- It's another recording of effortless beauty that finds the band at their most relaxed and enjoyable.
- He shows effortless charisma as he glides and even dances through the film.
- I enjoyed every page of this book, spellbound as ever by Smith's apparently effortless verbal magic.
- Angela couldn't help but admire the woman's effortless grace as she strode away.
- Her brash buoyancy and his effortless elegance lifted the audience into the stratosphere.
- He succeeds in conveying the contradictions of his character with a natural, seemingly effortless ability.
- She tells the story with seemingly effortless grace and it reads like the very best novels.
- He could pass for mid-50s and has an effortless style.
- Would-be trendy restaurants all try to be cool, but this place oozes effortless and unselfconscious cool from every pore.
- Her style is effortless, drop-dead elegance.
- Khakis have become synonymous with effortless style suitable for leisure trips and business casual wear.
- James Nesbitt, who brings effortless charm to any character he plays, was perfect as the two boys' father.
- Shorn of its string arrangement, Drake's incredible guitar playing and effortless melodic sense are all the more apparent.
- He is a passionate garden-maker, a sensualist blessed with an artist's eye and an effortless sense of style.
- Detractors raise an eyebrow even at that rating, while fans claim it is the apogee of shabby chic and effortless elegance.
- The strained limbs in his bronzes of ballerinas behind the stage expose the ordeals necessary to simulate an effortless grace on the stage.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.