In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He contrasts British and American practices, and shows that American law reflected the values of a more egalitarian society.
- In the past, the ruling elite has deliberately promoted the myth of an egalitarian society.
- To date, these welfare states have generated prosperous, relatively egalitarian societies.
- One of the distinctive qualities of Scots and Welsh politics has always been their egalitarian tradition.
- My aim, in this lecture, is to discuss this kind of egalitarian reasoning.
- I think the union movement has to come to terms with that and build a base to say that we want an egalitarian society again.
- Membership was open to anyone, not because of egalitarian principles but through financial necessity.
- In Europe it was conceived as an authentically humane and egalitarian socialist society.
- The egalitarian ideals of this communal society place loyalty to family and religion above all.
- Sure, there were times when Australia was definitely a much more economically egalitarian society.
- He bluntly declared that egalitarian notions must be abandoned.
- A profoundly humanitarian and egalitarian person, identification with the oppressed was at the core of her being.
- Burns was a great admirer of the egalitarian ethos behind the French Revolution.
- Would you say that your struggle is for an egalitarian society?
- Other studies show a close relation between a more egalitarian social ethos and closer community relations.
- The old egalitarian ideal of striving to improve equality of outcome seems to be entirely absent.
- They'll enjoy truly egalitarian marriages, sharing both the responsibility and the reward that comes with caring for others.
- But he tells us later that Scotland is no more egalitarian than large tracts of England and Wales.
- That is not the kind of egalitarian base on which Australians would want to see their taxation system working.
- This probably reflects a primitive form of egalitarian society.
1igualitario masculineigualitaria feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.