In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(self-important person)egotista masculine
- From such a steely egotist one can expect little else.
- He was at one moment a generous supporter of his fellow artists and at an another an egotist with a patronizing attitude toward those of lesser reputation.
- But egotists are hardly a new arrival in politics.
- To be a strong director, do you have to be an egotist?
- He is never an egotist on the pitch and that's important.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.