1either … or … — o … o …
- you can have either tea or coffee — puedes tomar (o) té o café
- he can't speak either Spanish or Italian — no sabe hablar (ni) español ni italiano
- she's either incredibly naive or very stupid — o (bien) es increíblemente ingenua o es estúpida
- either your work improves or you're fired! — ¡o mejora tu trabajo o estás despedido!
- You don't need to be a genius to work out the similarities either.
- No knocks, creaks or rattles either, indicating that it's been well screwed together.
- In fact, increasing your size won't matter either, so grab a cream bun whenever you like.
- I don't believe that the Reserve Bank believes that there is a strong link either.
- The players were not available for that tie either and, six years on, not much appears to have changed.
- The harder path, if we have the will, isn't paved with yellow bricks and it isn't black and white either.
- Needless to say I won't be writing to them for permission to use these links either.
- And I am not going to open any of her letters either, they can go straight in the bin.
1(one or the other)you can take either route — puedes tomar cualquiera de las dos rutas
- the key wasn't in either drawer — la llave no estaba en ninguno de los dos cajones
- we don't need either one — no necesitamos ninguno de los dos
2(each)on either side of the path — a ambos lados / a cada lado del camino
- I have nothing in either box — no tengo nada en ninguna de las dos cajas
1cualquiera British(with negative) ninguno(with negative) ninguna(in questions) alguno(in questions) algunaeither (one) would be suitable — cualquiera (de los dos) serviría
- take either of the two, but not both — toma cualquiera de los dos, pero no ambos
- I couldn't wear either of those dresses — no podría ponerme ninguno de esos vestidos
- he doesn't get on with either of his parents — no se lleva bien ni con su padre ni con su madre
- does / (informal) do either of you have children? — ¿alguno de ustedes (dos) tiene hijos?
- Journey time to either city is around 5 to 6 hours - the road is in a decent state.
- I don't have a problem with people thinking either of the two statements above, and giving their opinion when asked.
- There are plenty of people with libertarian values who don't feel at home in either party.
- Are there any further matters which either of you wish me to deal with?
- Get yourself to either venue this weekend and you'll see theatre that makes you believe in theatre again.
- Our reason for choosing the phrase world politics is that we think it is more inclusive than either of the alternative terms.
- Is it possible that either of those statements could be true, let alone both at the same time?
- Equal rights to custody means that a child born outside of marriage can live with either parent.
- There is no truth to either of those statements reported in the Sunday Star Times.
- Then the event started and I didn't get a chance to introduce myself to either of those admirable gentlemen.
- Every blogger linked to by either of us will be considered for a broadcast interview.
- Is there in any one of the statements by either presidential candidate a solution here?
- They would be together always, no matter what happened to either of them and that was what was important.
- It was a very tight tough game with few chances created by either team.
- A win would secure top spot for either of us, a loss could have seen either team drop out.
- He decided to drop the subject of Rocky, seeing as how it barely mattered to either of them whether he had a job or not.
- Holding federal elections before either event would not win public favour.
- Three months was so short a time for love, but it didn't matter to either of them really.
- These two groups have changed the world, but not in the way that either intended.
- Change-of-address cards are available at either of the downtown postal locations.
1tampocoshe can't cook and he can't either — ella no sabe cocinar y él tampoco
- he's not clever but he's not stupid either — no es inteligente, pero tampoco es tonto
- Nine out of 29 households participated in the scheme either regularly or occasionally.
- Each member receives a monthly statement showing either a debit or credit balance.
- Plants are also available mail order either via the website or by ringing 01904 728506.
- He sought to argue in the alternative that he either was insane at the time he killed her or he was so drunk that he was incapable of forming the intent to do so.
- Then either through tiredness of lack of concentration, Celtic began to lose the plot.
- I have also now made the track available for download in either WMA or MP3 format.
- But the guys I can talk to either aren't available to me or wouldn't understand.
- Other treatments may be used either as alternatives, or in combination with a facelift.
- He had on a black and white stripped shirt with a pair of black pants and was either a bartender or a referee.
- Behind the sticker there should either be a small black piece of plastic or just a hole, as shown below.
- It was introduced from North America either by accident or design from Victorian times.
- As a rough rule of thumb, the best rates are available either over the internet or from some of the aggressive building societies.
- Perhaps your newspaper can help by either publishing this letter or informing your readers through an article.
- This would be accompanied with either one or two gallon cans of tea.
- He was not selected in either the All Black senior team or junior team which was named earlier this week.
- We were fairly certain that the pilot either blacked out again or ran out of fuel.
- We want to discuss this face to face, you need to either be available on Saturday Morning or come out and see us.
- Her hair was either naturally black or she had it dyed that color, my guess is that it was dyed.
- Can we either provide a link or a brief explanation in future, please?
- As usual, you can either follow the links, or read the cut and paste articles below.
- This can happen either occasionally during cell wounding or regularly during cytokinesis and meiosis.
- Her paintings are in either bright colours or black and white.
- Inside you find grippy sports seats, either in boring black or with bright contrast trim.
- Mrs Atkins called for the money either to be made available to the nurses for whom it was intended or returned to the original donors.
2(moreover, at that)they found a campsite, and not such a bad one either — encontraron un camping, y no tan malo, por cierto
- and I don't have to pay a penny either — y ni siquiera tengo que pagar nada
- It wasn't something that Joan could easily ignore either; no matter how hard she tried.
- Nor did I know how long that would be the case for us both, either, as a matter of fact.
- Well, it does not matter any more either, apparently - we just go with those polls.
- The added sugar and salt in the sauce will not help health matters, either.
- The copious quantities of salt in this product are unlikely to help matters either.
- There is no such thing as a Great Novel, divorced from its readers, or an absolute stinker of a novel either, for that matter.