In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The paper didn't express a preference for any particular scheme of electoral reform.
- From being Labour's saviour and electoral ace with the swing voter, he will become the man in the way.
- Others who tried to use that as a means to gain electoral votes failed miserably.
- The first part of the draft would contain all voters who are present in the electoral list.
- The electoral process and the voters are the biggest losers at the end of the day.
- They are poring over the shifting electoral background thrown up by the general election.
- The number of electoral votes each state gets depends on the size of its population.
- It fits my feelings on the citizen's responsibility to vote in the electoral process.
- He said he would try to make the government stick to its commitment on electoral reform for the Commons.
- If that state was Nevada, with five electoral votes, the election would be tied.
- Various left formations in Europe have attracted electoral support over the last five years.
- Sir Ken was an aggressive operator who campaigned in favour of the euro and against electoral reform.
- We believe it would be hard for Europeans to say no when asked to support a more rapid electoral process in Iraq.
- He believes the world body would function much better with a dose of electoral reform.
- By that time electoral reform was in the air, and women's voices were beginning to be heard.
- The First Minister now faces the prospect of taking on his entire party over electoral reform.
- The same is true of electoral candidates who are unable to canvas voters and even reveal their names.
- Here is strong evidence of the need to reform the electoral system so every vote counts.
- To be fair there has always been this difference in the voting turnout and electoral participation.
- Yeah, it has more electoral votes than every state except New York and California.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.