In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1descarga eléctrica feminineI got an electric shock — recibí / me dio una descarga eléctrica
- before noun electric shock treatment — electrochoque
- My hands were tied and I was blindfolded and placed in a terrible prison where they tortured me day and night with electric shocks all over my body.
- It is impossible to give someone an electric shock with a defibrillator unless they really need it.
- The only other options are implanted defibrillators that administer electric shocks to the heart, and transplants.
- When I think about him it's as though there's been an electric shock all through my body.
- Some can even tell when the heart stops beating and produce a small electric shock to restart it.
- TV and video locks protect a toddler from accidents and potential electric shocks and will protect your valuable equipment from damage.
- If the instrument and the expertise are available, electric shocks are administered with a defibrillator, which may or may not restore a normal electrical rhythm and hence a regular beat.
- The pain can be steady and burning or come like sudden electric shocks.
- Cardioversion, or electric shocks, can also be used to re-set heart rhythm.
- Atrial fibrillation can also be treated with cardioversion, which involves a controlled electric shock to the heart.
- A defibrillator emits a series of electric shocks, these make sure the heart does not have erratic rhythms.
- Defibrillators treat ventricular fibrillation by delivering an electric shock to the chest, and so indirectly to the heart.
- As is well known in experimental psychology, electric shocks cause a sudden rise in skin conductance.
- This nerve disorder causes disabling facial pain that feels like an electric shock.
- Fox nodded his way and Travis pushed the button that sent electric shocks through Brandon's body.
- This is a regime that applies electric shocks to the bodies of its victims, particularly their genitals, with great creativity.
- Current therapy often focuses on using drugs or electric shocks to try to fix the confused signal.
- The medics had always protested their innocence and said they had been tortured by the police, with daily beatings, sexual assault and electric shocks.
- It is known that subjecting cells to a sudden electric shock will cause them to open up and take in foreign DNA.
- Then your heart is given an electric shock to make it return to normal rhythm.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.