In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tormenta eléctrica feminine
- In short, this could manifest itself into tornadoes, hurricanes and electrical storms.
- In 1953 Stanley Miller, a University of Chicago graduate student, found that by simulating the conditions of a primordial electrical storm, he could generate alanine and leucine in racemic form.
- His comeback was interrupted by the humid conditions in Kuala Lumpur which sparked an electrical storm.
- For the last three nights, spectacular electrical storms have drifted over the city, threatening a downpour that finally arrived with a vengeance last night.
- Impulse noise can be the result of electrical storms, ignition noise, electromechanical switching equipment, and noisy power sources, to name a few.
- As Joe reached for the mare's lead rope the electrical storm let rip with one almighty crack of thunder, right overhead.
- Dozens of lightning bolts lit the night sky as an electrical storm swept the region.
- Conditions were variable, to say the least - on one day, 40-knot winds brought rain and electrical storms, and a sandstorm lasted all day.
- Titch and his team had to endure days of freezing snowstorms, avalanches and electrical storms on the trip to a remote part of China.
- Last week there was a horrendous electric storm, probably the most spectacular storm I have ever seen in Pattaya.
- Easter in New Zealand started with electrical storms and tornados.
- They stop the sudden electrical storms that move like summer rain with bright and quick lightning.
- I'm deathly afraid of heavy-duty electrical storms with lightning bolts jumping around all over the place.
- While rainstorms were not new to the community, the addition of electrical storms was considered unusual to Sachs Harbour residents.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.