In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He had had a coronary angiogram and many echocardiograms and electrocardiograms at various cardiac centres.
- Standard electrocardiograms and echocardiograms were normal in all patients.
- The electrocardiogram is recorded on to standard paper travelling at a rate of 25 mm/s.
- General clinicians and junior paediatricians may have little experience of interpreting paediatric electrocardiograms.
- The field of cardiology was largely limited to the stethoscope, the electrocardiogram, and the autopsy suite.
- The electrical activity of the heart is monitored with an electrocardiogram.
- Monitoring electrocardiograms is useful in many in-hospital clinical situations a well as in everyday activities.
- Her physical examination, an electrocardiogram, and blood work were normal.
- In a suitably equipped ambulance, they may take an electrocardiogram, which is a trace of the electrical activity of the heart.
- Contemporary physicians can use highly refined technologies, such as stethoscopes, electrocardiograms, and encephalograms, to detect minimal life signs.
- A chest radiograph and an electrocardiogram should be obtained in patients with dyspnea and suspected heart failure.
- Yes, most of the time a doctor can discover the problem of small heart attacks based on the electrocardiogram or a nuclear medicine test.
- However, changes may be subtle and primary care physicians' lack of skill in interpreting electrocardiograms may mean that referral for specialist opinion is still required.
- Your child's cardiologist may use tools like X-rays, electrocardiograms, or echocardiograms to monitor the defect and the effects of treatment.
- Chest radiographs, pulmonary function tests, electrocardiograms, and echocardiograms were interpreted without knowledge of other data.
- These electrodes serve a dual function: recording the electrocardiogram and giving a shock if indicated.
- Diagnosis should be confirmed with an electrocardiogram.
- Investigations showed a normal electrocardiogram and echocardiogram.
- Nurses administered epidemiological questionnaires, made physical measurements, and recorded an electrocardiogram.
- We were already using this room for basal metabolism determinations, electrocardiograms, intravenous administrations of glucose, saline, plasma, and occasionally transfusions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.