In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He had had a coronary angiogram and many echocardiograms and electrocardiograms at various cardiac centres.
- Her physical examination, an electrocardiogram, and blood work were normal.
- General clinicians and junior paediatricians may have little experience of interpreting paediatric electrocardiograms.
- A chest radiograph and an electrocardiogram should be obtained in patients with dyspnea and suspected heart failure.
- Diagnosis should be confirmed with an electrocardiogram.
- Nurses administered epidemiological questionnaires, made physical measurements, and recorded an electrocardiogram.
- Chest radiographs, pulmonary function tests, electrocardiograms, and echocardiograms were interpreted without knowledge of other data.
- These electrodes serve a dual function: recording the electrocardiogram and giving a shock if indicated.
- However, changes may be subtle and primary care physicians' lack of skill in interpreting electrocardiograms may mean that referral for specialist opinion is still required.
- The electrocardiogram is recorded on to standard paper travelling at a rate of 25 mm/s.
- In a suitably equipped ambulance, they may take an electrocardiogram, which is a trace of the electrical activity of the heart.
- The electrical activity of the heart is monitored with an electrocardiogram.
- Contemporary physicians can use highly refined technologies, such as stethoscopes, electrocardiograms, and encephalograms, to detect minimal life signs.
- The field of cardiology was largely limited to the stethoscope, the electrocardiogram, and the autopsy suite.
- Investigations showed a normal electrocardiogram and echocardiogram.
- Monitoring electrocardiograms is useful in many in-hospital clinical situations a well as in everyday activities.
- Standard electrocardiograms and echocardiograms were normal in all patients.
- Yes, most of the time a doctor can discover the problem of small heart attacks based on the electrocardiogram or a nuclear medicine test.
- We were already using this room for basal metabolism determinations, electrocardiograms, intravenous administrations of glucose, saline, plasma, and occasionally transfusions.
- Your child's cardiologist may use tools like X-rays, electrocardiograms, or echocardiograms to monitor the defect and the effects of treatment.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.