In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In a suitably equipped ambulance, they may take an electrocardiogram, which is a trace of the electrical activity of the heart.
- Your child's cardiologist may use tools like X-rays, electrocardiograms, or echocardiograms to monitor the defect and the effects of treatment.
- The electrocardiogram is recorded on to standard paper travelling at a rate of 25 mm/s.
- Contemporary physicians can use highly refined technologies, such as stethoscopes, electrocardiograms, and encephalograms, to detect minimal life signs.
- Investigations showed a normal electrocardiogram and echocardiogram.
- General clinicians and junior paediatricians may have little experience of interpreting paediatric electrocardiograms.
- Nurses administered epidemiological questionnaires, made physical measurements, and recorded an electrocardiogram.
- He had had a coronary angiogram and many echocardiograms and electrocardiograms at various cardiac centres.
- Standard electrocardiograms and echocardiograms were normal in all patients.
- However, changes may be subtle and primary care physicians' lack of skill in interpreting electrocardiograms may mean that referral for specialist opinion is still required.
- These electrodes serve a dual function: recording the electrocardiogram and giving a shock if indicated.
- Chest radiographs, pulmonary function tests, electrocardiograms, and echocardiograms were interpreted without knowledge of other data.
- A chest radiograph and an electrocardiogram should be obtained in patients with dyspnea and suspected heart failure.
- We were already using this room for basal metabolism determinations, electrocardiograms, intravenous administrations of glucose, saline, plasma, and occasionally transfusions.
- Yes, most of the time a doctor can discover the problem of small heart attacks based on the electrocardiogram or a nuclear medicine test.
- Monitoring electrocardiograms is useful in many in-hospital clinical situations a well as in everyday activities.
- Her physical examination, an electrocardiogram, and blood work were normal.
- Diagnosis should be confirmed with an electrocardiogram.
- The electrical activity of the heart is monitored with an electrocardiogram.
- The field of cardiology was largely limited to the stethoscope, the electrocardiogram, and the autopsy suite.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.