In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Chemisorption plays an essential role in corrosion, heterogeneous catalysis, and electrochemistry.
- Redox reactions are central to electrochemistry because they are chemical processes that involve the flow of electrons from one chemical entity to another.
- He currently works for an engineering consultancy firm, in various fields involving mechanics and fluid dynamics, and is also involved with work in physiology and electrochemistry.
- Matter in the state of equilibrium is studied by physical chemists specializing in chemical thermodynamics and equilibrium electrochemistry.
- There is an atomic will towards binding and dissociation, driven by thermodynamics and electrochemistry.
- In chemistry the most common use of the term anode occurs in electrochemistry.
- In this case there are no problems with possible damage to biological molecules due to electrochemistry on metal electrodes.
- Two-dimensional domain and island growth in thin organic or inorganic films is of great interest in such fields as microelectronics, optics, and electrochemistry.
- This larger cell enabled us to more thoroughly remove oxygen from the electrolyte yielding better electrochemistry.
- The task of transporting electrical charges between metal-oxide and water phases is critical in such technologies as catalysis, sensors, and electrochemistry.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.