In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It is necessary to investigate the relationship between each muscle stiffness and brain activities by electroencephalogram, positron emission tomography, and so on.
- Computed tomography scans showed that her cerebral hemispheres had atrophied, and electroencephalograms showed that she was without any cortical activity.
- Sequential electroencephalograms showed abnormal background activity with evidence of seizures, although these were not apparent clinically.
- Computed tomography of the brain and an electroencephalogram gave normal results; treatment with carbamazepine was ineffective.
- When possible, an electroencephalogram should be obtained to assess prognosis and select appropriate drug therapy.
- The electroencephalogram and computed tomographic scan were within normal limits.
- An extensive evaluation including ECG, echocardiogram, Holter studies, chest radiograph, brain MRI, electroencephalogram, and carotid ultrasound was unrevealing.
- Nearly all of the studies we reviewed mentioned the standard electroencephalogram as an absolute requirement for the diagnosis of epilepsy.
- Her brain activity was monitored with the help of an electroencephalogram or EEG.
- But internally, activity in your brain increases dramatically - recorded by an electroencephalogram in much the same way as an ECG measures your heart activity.
- Encephalopathy usually can be documented by slow wave activity on an electroencephalogram.
- The electroencephalogram shows no sign of electrical activity in the brain, as recorded from a minimum of eight points.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.