In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This correspondence supports the hypothesis that high-frequency electrically evoked resonances in the cochlea have origins in OHC electromechanical behavior.
- The trend in automotive mechanical and electromechanical components is a move toward synthetic lubricants.
- There are five basic types of automatic and programmable thermostats: electromechanical, digital, hybrid, occupancy, and light sensing.
- The range is the first ever to combine mechanical and electromechanical locking and escape functions in a single device and the first to incorporate high-security hookbolts as standard.
- This device uses an electromechanical clot detection system with chromogenic capabilities for antithrombin measurements.
- The energizable elements can be very small coils or coil sets encased in a computer chip, current-carrying conductors, or small electromechanical devices.
- The 173-mm-long declutch tube on this electromechanical pump disengages 5-to 100-ml syringes from the unit's transmission.
- Today, electromechanical and computerized devices have given the reproducing piano a new lease of life.
- We used modified field recordings of soil vibrations from singing males with an electromechanical vibration exciter to simulate the vibration component of a calling song in playback experiments.
- As the electric-versus-hydraulic debate rages on, one firm hopes to achieve a consensus opinion with the introduction of a new generation of machines equipped with electromechanical and hydraulic axes.
- Motors, pumps, and other electromechanical devices are tinier than ever - and getting even smaller.
- Also evident this year are yet more computer-controlled electromechanical devices, many displacing what had historically been all-mechanical or hydraulic systems.
- Teams are essential for most endeavors, and most certainly for developing what is arguably one of the most complicated electromechanical devices being produced today, the automobile.
- Hammond also patented an electromechanical reverb device using the helical tortion of a coiled spring, widely copied in later electronic instruments.
- Its architecture also has built-in paths to accommodate emerging technologies such as MEMS (micro electromechanical switches).
- It is also a leading partner in the mechanical engineering and the electromechanical industries.
- Product groups include passive and electromechanical components, capacitors, resistive products, ferrites, fuses, inductors and filters.
- The new electronic sensor has analogous advantages in comparison with electromechanical sensors.
- Subsequently, Bush and his colleagues replaced the wheel-and-disc integrators and other mechanical components by electromechanical, and finally by electronic, devices.
- We used an electromechanical oscillator to apply a known vertical oscillation to the rover antenna.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.