In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1haz de electrones masculine
- Finally we stained the sample, attaching heavy-metal ions to increase its electron density in the electron beam.
- The electron beam starts at the top-left of the screen and magnetic fields are used to ‘sweep’ this beam across the screen in parallel horizontal lines (if you look closely at a tv screen you can see these lines).
- In the space between the flat type screen and the back electrode, linear cathodes and an electrode unit including an electron beam extracting electrode are arranged.
- This random emission of photons leaves the resulting electron beam with a fuzzy, rather than a sharply defined focus.
- Now we may be witnessing yet another radical reduction in size following the construction of an electron beam that measures just a few atoms across.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.