In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(circuit/equipment/music) electrónicoelectronic counter measures — sistema de contramedidas electrónicas masculine
- electronic data processing — procesamiento electrónico de datos
- electronic fund transfer — transferencia electrónica de fondos
- electronic media — medios de comunicación electrónicos
- electronic money — dinero electrónico
- electronic office — oficina computerizada / electrónica
- electronic surveillance — vigilancia por medios electrónicos
- He projected those images on a large screen in the classroom while playing electronic / techno music.
- Testing of the electronic engine control is also on schedule following the delivery of the first units.
- Anyone looking for a daring, boundary-pushing exercise in electronic dance music would be advised to steer clear.
- Then the heavy electronic techno beat started, and dancers vacillated their bodies without restriction.
- An extremely important electronic advance for popular music scholars is the widespread availability through the Internet of digitized recorded music.
- For the naysayers that claim you can't play electronic dance music without samplers or drum machines, this performance would've been a eye-opener.
- A typical electronic control unit operates at 8.5 volts; that power is provided by a voltage regulator built into the unit.
- Here they were making electronic brake controls, in different configurations and different voltages.
- Hopefully the new album will be seen in a slightly broader sense and not just confined to electronic music
- The marriage of hip-hop with electronic dance music is well established, but most of this group's collaborations sound like shotgun marriages.
- The ‘Smart Home’ with all kinds of appliances from kitchenware to burglar alarms controlled by a single electronic device has been the dream of householders for decades.
- He's fooled around with most every idiom of electronic dance music (some of which he shudders in shame to mention).
- São Paolo today feels like it is on the verge of another cultural revolution, led by hip hop and electronic dance music.
- But what of the inverse - the electronic acts giving rock music a whirl?
- With each bike controlled by an electronic lock, anyone interested in renting the bike can call a telephone line to open the key, and call to tell the location of the bike after they finish using it.
- All of the light fixtures and electronic devices currently plugged in exploded from the jolt of electric energy that had rocketed from the sky.
- The music is something electronic but suits the ballet very well.
- Modern airliners are packed with electronic devices that control the plane and handle navigation and communications.
- If it's the latter, electronic dance music makes you want to put on sunglasses at midnight and drive your stubbled, tragic self into the night.
- We both liked the idea of putting that certain underground, electronic dance music into a more pop kind of context.
- With advances in standard off-the-shelf alkaline batteries, most electronic sensors can operate for longer periods without running down.
- Every subgenre of contemporary electronic dance music has superstar DJs and tracks that are ripe for the fruit basket of mass consumption.
- Inorganic chemistry is used to construct electronic components such as transistors, diodes, computer chips, and various metal compounds.
- For centuries a warder locked up prisoners with a key - this is no longer the case, with both cell-blocks having electronic locks operated by fingerprint and unable to be opened by key.
- This slacker attitude might also keep them on the edge of electronic pop music.
- Currently, most electronic devices are based on silicon.
- I'm from a cynical generation raised on electronic dance music, but felt I finally understood what the fuss with rhythm and blues was all about.
- Dynamic stability control, ABS, traction control and electronic brake force distribution are standard fare.
- Verify proper operation of various sensors and other electronic control devices
- Tantalum is mainly used in the electronics industry in the manufacture of capacitors, used in electronic gadgets like cell phones.
- Having had no interest in analysing the economic scenario at the macro or the micro level, Biju is interested in examining the minute components of electronic gadgets.
- Without such a surface finish, the electronic components like transistors, resistors, capacitors and chips could not be fixed and electrically connected to the circuit.
- A lot of electronic musicians release their music using pseudonyms, but you use your own name.
- That nearly all music is electronic is a banal truism.
- In any case, some of the claims made by those who believe they are being controlled by these electronic weapons do not seem plausible.
- The silicon transistors of modern electronic devices make connections to potentials the values of which represent zero and one throughout a system.
- The effect is sometimes almost orchestral and sometimes like electronic jazz, with enhanced frogs and insects riffing on chord changes and rhythmic patterns.
- The system is designed for all boats with electronic engine controls.
- 1987 was an early but fertile time for electronic dance music.
- They'll also examine how humidity affects the surface of silicon, which is used to make microchips and other electronic devices.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.