In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Compliance with daily electrotherapy treatment was confirmed by patient reports at subsequent visits and as independently reported by a visiting nurse.
- We have a sad history of enforced treatment of people who've committed crimes but now treatments like electrotherapy, electric shock treatment, and psychosurgery are very strictly regulated.
- The Clinic was a terrible place where a group of misguided scientists attempted to use electrotherapy to ‘rehabilitate’ Rob.
- Physiotherapy manual techniques, strengthening exercises, stretches, hydrotherapy, electrotherapy, taping, posture correction and advice may then help optimise recovery.
- There are two types of electrotherapy - transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation and neuromuscular electrical stimulation.
- You already received some electrotherapy for that.
- Subjects of both groups were told they may or may not feel the tingle of electrotherapy.
- The purring of a cat is at the frequency commonly used in electrotherapy to assist in pain relief and healing.
- They were the first to use electrotherapy to cure pain, and also have an understanding of what happened.
- Physiotherapy involves a range of treatments, including manipulation, massage, exercise, electrotherapy and hydrotherapy.
- The researchers concluded that direct current electrotherapy is an effective, painless, and safe outpatient treatment approach to all grades of internal and mixed hemorrhoid disease.
- Later on, modalities were used such as electrotherapy, ultrasound therapy, laser therapy, magneto therapy, electrical stimulation of hypotrophic muscles, hydro-kinesitherapy, and kinesitherapy.
- Adherence was likely improved by the flexible treatment schedule; patients could perform electrotherapy at any time of day.
- She was put on electrotherapy and analgesics and improved sufficiently to compete in the games.
- A standard technique for measuring the effect of electrotherapy on ischemic wounds has provided good reproducibility.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.