In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(clothes/person) eleganteyou're looking very elegant — estás muy elegante
- Elegant decorative styles and intricately detailed patterns of curving lines characterise Art Nouveau.
- Readers will find here the same elegant, deceptively simple prose that garnered so much praise for her short stories.
- With dazzling, spring sunshine streaming into the dining area the venue looked very elegant.
- My dress was made of the same satin material, but in a much less elegant style.
- Oh my god, I don't have anything elegant to wear!
- For her age of sixty she looked very elegant in it.
- Ashley was wearing a very nice simple yet elegant blue dress with expensive matching shoes.
- Firstly, in spite of its supremely elegant coupe styling this is a real four-seater.
- Dressing herself in one graceful movement, she wore a long black dress that looked more elegant then casual.
- My mother stood there in her most elegant dress and my father in a suit.
- The Queen then entered with a show of magical lights in her most elegant gown.
- The layered, textured style is as elegant as the setting.
- She has long dark black hair that makes her look quite elegant.
- In 2004 Renee again donned the classic look with a simple but elegant gown.
- Robbie whispered in my ear after he surveyed me in my elegant white gown.
- Her blonde hair was twisted in an elegant bun with a silver diamanté clip.
- The natural woods and imported files make the room feel elegant.
- Deanna thought Michelle looked great in the casual, yet elegant dress.
- He was a very elegant man, as anyone looking at him could tell.
- Vivian's black hair was wound into an elegant bun and decorated with gold ribbons.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.