In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1geniecillo masculineelfo masculine
- We cannot be together because a human and an elf are not meant to fall in love.
- A few of the elves with the bows lowered them and looked at each other in uncertainty.
- There are elves and centaurs and unicorns and mermaids and flying lynxes and all shapes of mythical things.
- The friendship between Legolas and Gimli unites elves and dwarves, traditionally enemies.
- They say that there was a war between good and bad and the souls were the reminiscence of the humans and elves that fought.
- Suddenly jumping into a sprint, he raced over to the elf just as the dragon opened its mouth.
- There is a group of elves or goblins or aliens or something who show up as I'm drifting off.
- The two dwarves glared at the human and the other elves but offered nothing but a grunt.
- Eragon mounted his horse and together, the elves and humans made their way into the Toliné Forest.
- Hope they don't skip over the part where the elf and dwarf bet over how many orcs they can kill.
- As an elf, she had a great love of nature so she felt it was her mission to keep these plants alive.
- An elf, one of the purest creatures on earth, would pass away all alone in the wood.
- The faces below him were a mixture of men, elves, fair folk, and dwarves.
- She was surrounded by evil looking dwarves that sounded like elves from their description.
- I said to her, if she really was a fairy, she should watch out for the elves that lived around the halls.
- Pandora had never seen a girl elf or a young elf and wondered if they also had long white beads.
- Legend tells it that it was dragons that first taught humans and elves how to use magic.
- For a start, it is in a little house in the woodland beside the hotel, leading me to suspect that the staff would be elves and pixies.
- At this time, the humans and elves were able to live peaceably with each other.
- The dragon was angry with the elf and swore he would make his life miserable if he could.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.